Second Chances Girl - a Miami family and lifestyle blog!: All Things Christmas

Monday, December 9, 2013

All Things Christmas

We spent this past weekend doing all things Christmas. We went to Home Depot (sorry, no cut your own tree here in Miami) and purchased a tree:
Shirts from P.S. by Aeropostale
 then set it up! We decided to do colored lights this year, I'm not usually a fan of colored lights, but the kids wanted them so colored lights it is.


Gian finally had his turn in putting up the star!



One day I know I will be able to have a fancy all white Christmas tree! One day!



Sunday was Santa's Parade of the Elves. This is a super cute parade held annually here in South Miami where Santa is welcomed to town. All kids (up to 6th grade) that come dressed as elves get to walk in the parade.



The kids were super excited! We got there early so we had to wait around for about 2 hours. We used this time for a mini photo shoot and meet-n-greets with local beauty pageant winners.







Ron Magill from Zoo Miami was the Parade Grand Marshall. This snake was massive!



Finally at 2pm it was parade time! Since we arrived early, our kids were able to be right in front. The elves lead the parade so you can imagine their excitement when they realized they were lead elves!


JC and I decided to let them walk it by themselves. We told them they had to hold hands and take care of each other. There is serious hand-holding going on there!



Once they reached the end of the parade route, we pulled them out and sat down so we could watch the rest of the parade. We saw local cheer squads, dance teams and marching bands perform. Local companies decorated theirs cars with garland, lights and inflatables and then of course, SANTA!!!



This parade was a first for us but we will definitely be participating as often as we can. There were some amazing elf costumes and I am totally inspired to make epic ones for the kids next year. We had a wonderful time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - that snack is massive! Looks like fun to see you all wearing short sleeves this time of year!
    We should switch places because I love rainbow holiday lights and my husband loves just blue and white. Boring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little parade, but I would be peeing my pants if that snake was anywhere near me! I like all white Christmas trees too. :) Stopping by from the Blogger Daily Digest, hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a FL Christmas ;) Sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

You might also like: